Book Review: Good Money Revolution
There is a deep desire in all of us to do good for society, give back to the world and bring on the change we always wanted. But as most of us get concerned about our money, we cannot drive the revolution and impact the world. We lack meaning in the money we possess, which ultimately brings unhappiness. As the author says, “The happiness doesn’t come from how much money you have but what you do with that money.” And doing good, whether for society, family, friends, or yourself, is not at all difficult with the Good Money Revolution.
If you’re not making the money you deserve and aren't impacting the world you have always wanted, then there is a better way for your money. Good Money Revolution will provide you with those ways that will bring meaning to your money and your life. In this book, you will discover secrets to making more money and understand the mindsets that keep you from making good money. It also contains the strategies to transform your business, plan your retirements, teach your money to make money for you and use it for good, and to use three levers of money: Save More, Crush More, and Earn More.
Derrick Kinney, the author of Good Money Revolution, is the CEO of Good Money Framework and runs a famous Good Money podcast. He inspires many entrepreneurs and leaders who follow Derrick for his unconventional advice in making good money. In praise of Good Money and Revolution and Kinney, Mel Robbin of The 5 Second Rule says, “This book will teach you how to go big with your money and your life. Life-changing.” Kinney is truly a genius. Let’s see what lessons he offers to build our good money to drive the revolution.
A Look Into the book:
The book has many strategies for saving or investing your money and crushing your debt. First, we will look at the Good Money Framework, which consists of strategies to set your personalised financial goals.
Discover your generosity purpose
- Imagine you have all the money to bring the change you always wanted. Imagine supporting the cause that has been bothering you since you were a kid. But now it’s not the time to just imagine. It’s time for real action to support the cause you always want. You are going to revolutionise your money to do good. Kinney says, “Now, I want you to think about one cause you would like to begin making a financial contribution towards.” Believe that you can change what you always want and chase the generosity purpose. “Good Money Revolution begins by connecting your cash to cause, your money to a movement, and your profits to a purpose.”
Determine your top three financial goals
- Acting on something without goals is just random wandering. However, if there are proper objectives, we are more likely to achieve them as we are driven by the purposes now. The same goes for financial planning. So, decide your top three financial goals for your life: paying off debt, planning a vacation, buying a house, or anything on the earth. “Whatever those goals are, they’re all unique to you. By focusing energy on the top three.” Glide Inevst’s financial advisors will help you decide your top 3 financial goals and help you build Smart Portfolios based on them.
Determine your desired income
- Whatever the number of your desired income is, decide and write that down. Unless and until you don’t decide on a particular income for your anticipated financial goals, you won’t have clarity. Now, after you fix a definite number for your desired income, you make more money, save more, give more, and help others.
Review your options for earning more money
- Although you have a well-paid full-time job that gives you a decent income, don’t you think you should review some more options for earning more? Side hustling is one of today's generation's most excited and preferred trends. Earning that extra money and supporting your generosity is terrific. But, think how this extra money will impact you and your loved ones.
Create a simple saving and investing plan
- Money is complicated. But not now! Creating a simple saving and investing plan based on your priorities will save time and effort and give you clarity about your money flowing. Decide on your priorities, allocate percentages to each and then plan out an uncomplicated plan to save and invest your good money. Glide Invest’s financial advisors help you plan out our investment plan. In addition, they help you diversify your assets so that your investments are equally spread, and you get better and higher returns.
Implement your generosity strategy
- Once you decide your generosity purpose, start working on it. Make sure your money is in motion each month to have the impact you always wanted. Don’t keep thinking and waiting to act on your generosity. Instead, implement it and see your money adding meaning to your life and others.
- “No matter what the amount, the money needs to leave your possession each month so that it can start making the world better right now. It’s about making sure your money is in motion - for yourself and others.”
Track your wealth-building and generosity purpose
- Once you plan out your savings and investments, you need to track them regularly to determine how your money flows. Don’t just track your savings and investments but also your generosity purpose. Review your financial goals and make sure you are on the right track to achieve them. With the Glide Invest app, you can track your portfolios, assets, funds, etc. and manage wealth for doing good.
So, this Good Money Framework is how Kinney inspires his readers to make more money and do more for the causes they deeply care about.